- The Empire Club of Canada Addresses (Toronto, Canada), 3 Dec 1913, p. 92-92
- McNeill, Rev. John, Speaker
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Some of the speaker's experiences in Evangelistic labours which touched Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, India, South Africa, Gibraltar, Malta and the United States. [Synopsis only of this address available.]
- Date of Original
- 3 Dec 1913
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- The speeches are free of charge but please note that the Empire Club of Canada retains copyright. Neither the speeches themselves nor any part of their content may be used for any purpose other than personal interest or research without the explicit permission of the Empire Club of Canada.
- Empire Club of CanadaEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Fairmont Royal York Hotel
100 Front Street West, Floor H
Toronto, ON, M5J 1E3
- Full Text
- "MY EXPERIENCE IN THE WORLD OF MISSIONS"
This was the title of an Address delivered before the Empire Club on Wednesday, Dec. 3rd, by Rev. JOHN MCNEILL, of Cooke's Presbyterian Church, Toronto.
This world renowned preacher, who has held important church appointments in Glasgow, London and Liverpool, came to his Toronto charge early in the year.
He recited some of his experiences in Evangelistic labours which touched Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, India, South Africa, Gibraltar, Malta and the United States. He defended the place and uses of the Evangelist in Church and City life; and vindicated naturalness in the clergy, justifying the use of humour in the highest of all work for human good.
Some vivid pictures of social and economic conditions in various parts of the Empire were amply sufficient to bring the speaker's topic well within the general range of Empire Club addresses.